Sometimes you slip and fall — on a wet floor at the grocery store, or on cracked pavement — and no real harm is done. In other cases, however, these accidents can cause significant injuries, especially if you hit your head. At Leisawitz Heller, we understand that a slip-and-fall injury can be very serious. We represent accident victims in the Reading area and beyond. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve.

Slip-And-Fall Accidents And The Law

The law in Pennsylvania requires all of us to watch where we are going. Yet, the world does not allow us to walk with our heads facing down looking at the sidewalk. For that reason, the law also requires that property owners maintain their property (known legally as their "premises") in a safe condition. This applies to domestic and commercial property, and includes all of the property — parking lots, driveways and (in some locations) sidewalks. So when a property owner creates a dangerous situation on his property and you fall, trip or slip, you have rights.

Why You Need A Lawyer

In these cases, you will be seeking compensation from the property owner's insurance company. Its agents will be looking out for the property owner, and the insurer's own bottom line, so they will do everything they can to minimize the extent of your injuries or shift the blame over to you. They may say they are trying to help you, but they aren't. That's why you need an experienced, knowledgeable premises liability lawyer to advocate for you.

Together, our personal injury attorneys have over 100 years of experience. They are also highly skilled trial lawyers, with a long list of favorable verdicts and settlements. Schedule a free consultation with us — we will thoroughly review your case to see if you have a cause for action, and explain your options for legal recourse. If you decide to proceed, please know that we handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing unless we recover compensation.

Contact Our Firm

Let us help you hold negligent property owners accountable and get the compensation you need to move forward. Request an appointment, or call us at 610-816-0342.